Saturday 21 February 2009

Iron Chain Solved

I found that yesterday I forgot the theorem of kinetic energy when I was discussing this problem with CPY this morning.
Yeah,I just got an Accepted on this problem.I want to share my thoughts with all of you~~
I suppose you know that using the theorem of kinetic energy you can get the relation between velocity and displacement:
v=[2*g*x*(b-a+x)/(a+b)]^-1
P.S.:x is the displacement of one end of the iron chain.
So,we can suppose that the velocity in a VERY LITTILE displacement is increasing at a constant speed,then we can figure out the time the chain spent passing this VERY LITTLE displacement,then add the time the iron chain straightly falling down,and we will have some code like this bellow:

Then you can output the variable time as answer~

I am only a high school student in China,and I know my English isn't very well...
Hope this post useful to you,and hope you can understand my meaning..
HEHE~

No comments:

Post a Comment